TERMS & CONDITONS FOR CAKE/CUPCAKE ORDERS
By accepting this cake agreement and paying a deposit, you agree to be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before placing your order with My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies. By using the My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies service, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of goods or services or to cancel an order under certain circumstances. Please be aware that all photographs taken of your cakes prior to delivery remain the property of My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies.
Bookings, Quotes and Deposits: Quotes are valid for a period of 14 days from the date of issue. A quote is not regarded as a booking.
Deposits: A 50% deposit is required to confirm a booking. No order will be commenced or confirmed until such time as a deposit has been paid. Please note that all deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Balance Due: Balance of payment is due before delivery. If you are collecting your order, full payment is due upon collection. We do not accept payment by cheque or money order.
Confirmation of Orders: Upon receipt of your order you will be emailed a copy of your invoice. Please ensure all contact details, personal information, spelling of names, delivery/collection dates and times and any requested changes have been properly documented on your invoice.
Please notify our staff immediately of any errors on your invoice. Failing to notify us of any errors may result in additional charges where alterations are necessary after your order has been completed.
Cancellations: If you cancel your order your deposit is (NON-REFUNDABLE). At the discretion of management and dependent on the circumstances, a credit note may be issued less an admin fee equal to 20% of the total cost of the order.
If you cancel your order within 14 days of the delivery or collection date, there will be no credit issued and any balances outstanding will be due and payable.
Please note that any credit notes issued are done so as a good will gesture and at the discretion of management.
Changes: Any changes made to your order within 14 days of collection or delivery will incur a surcharge, depending on the change requested. In most cases we can accommodate changes, however at times it is not possible. We will however endeavour to accommodate you to the best of our ability.
Collections: You are welcome to collect your cake from us. Pickup can be made from My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm or Saturday: 9am – 12pm. If you, or someone representing you, choose to collect the cake, or set up the cake, you assume all responsibility and liability for the cake as soon as it leaves My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies. Cakes will generally be boxed; however, boxes are not made for very large cakes. All risk and liability for transporting cakes is assumed by you if you pick up your cake.
Delivery and Set Up: If it is determined by us that you are located at a reasonable distance for delivery, we will deliver the cake for a fee. Please contact us should you require a quote for delivery. Any delivery fee paid by you will include set-up at the venue subject to the following conditions:
• My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies are unable to give a guaranteed time of delivery but will endeavour to deliver at the agreed time. You agree that late delivery does not constitute a failure of our agreement and does not entitle you to cancellation or refund of an order.
• My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies will not be held responsible for completing setups at a ceremony or reception venue if the venue is not ready at the pre-agreed time. Under these circumstances, we will use our discretion to leave the products at the venue (if the venue is willing to complete the setup) or to return the products to our premises for you to pick up. Re-delivery may incur an additional fee.
• If the incorrect delivery address is supplied or if there is no-one to receive and no safe place (as judged by us) to leave the ordered products, they will be returned to My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies premises and we will contact you to arrange re-delivery. Re-delivery may incur an additional fee.
• Acceptance of the cake at the venue indicates that it has been delivered /set up in good condition. Where delivery is required, anyone at the delivery address who receives the goods will be considered as being authorised by you to act on your behalf to receive the goods.
• We accept no responsibility for loss or damage to the goods after delivery/set up has occurred.
• As a rule, we will photograph your cake at the venue as evidence that the cake has been delivered/set up in good condition. These photos may be reproduced or used by us for marketing/promotion purposes at our sole discretion with no compensation payable to you.
• The venue must be at a suitable temperature (an air-conditioned room is best) and a suitable table must be set up and available for the cake upon arrival. No responsibility can be accepted by us for any deterioration of the cake or decorations (fresh or otherwise) if these conditions are not met.
Food Products and Services: Please be aware that our product could contain traces of nut. It is the client’s responsibility to inform their guests that traces of nuts could be present in the cake and/or cupcakes. My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies will not be held responsible for anyone suffering from nuts allergies.
Non-edible items may be used as decorations in cakes and/or cupcakes. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that any non-edible items are removed prior to consumption.
All effort will be made by My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies to ensure that the final product is matched to the colour chosen as much as possible however My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies does not guarantee to match the exact colour/s and designs chosen. All effort will be made by My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies to supply the products agreed upon at the time of booking. However, My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies will not be held responsible if the products are not available as a result of, but not limited to, unavailability, seasonal variation or poor quality. My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies reserves the rights to use its discretion to supply similar or substitute high quality product under such circumstances and will try where possible to agree this alternative product with the client prior to supply.
Quality: At My Delicious Cakes we pride ourselves on the quality of our products and services. It is important to remember that cakes are a perishable and delicate product. Unfortunately, once we dispatch our cakes or our customers take possession of them, a number of factors relating to the care and transportation of the cakes may result in the quality being compromised or damage occurring to the cakes that are beyond our control or responsibility.
Care instructions must be followed thoroughly in order to avoid compromising the cakes quality and design. Unfortunately, with all the possible variables, it is difficult for My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies to guarantee the cake quality in every case once it has left our premises.
Supplying your own decorations/fresh flowers: You are welcome to supply your own decorations such as figurines, ribbons or flowers subject to the following conditions:
• You must ensure that any items that you supply meets hygiene and safety standards. Any item that is not considered by me to meet these standards will not be used by me under any circumstances.
• If you supply any items for the cake you are responsible for ensuring that there is a sufficient quantity of the correct type, size and style for the design of your cake.
• If you supply a figurine for your cake it must be able to be attached easily to the cake and should be capable of standing alone or being fixed with supports.
• Fresh flowers must be individually wired and taped with florists’ tape. If your flowers are not supplied in this way, I unconditionally reserve the right to refuse to place them on the cake.
• Posies or bunches of flowers must be wired and taped in a similar manner to individual flowers.
• Flowers can be delivered to either myself or the delivery address prior to the agreed delivery time. No responsibility will be accepted for any damage caused to the cake by any other person (including florists) placing flowers, or any other item, on the cake after it has been delivered and accepted by the venue.
• You must ensure that enough flowers are ordered and supplied by your florist. Any poor quality or damaged flowers supplied by you are your responsibility.
• Feel free to contact me or you may pass my details to your florist if you have any concerns or questions regarding these conditions.
Variations from pictured items: In some cases, it may be necessary to change a colour or vary a product from the picture as certain cake decorating items may from time to time be unavailable.
Please note that where colours are concerned, the picture represented on our website may not be a true representation of the colour of the cake as quite often screen colours and resolutions are not correct and therefore your cake may appear to be different in colour from that shown. Where items are provided on cakes (plastic figures, toys or handmade sugared items) they are strictly provided as decorations on a cake, and it is advised that these are not consumed. Some figurines and decorations may contain wire or toothpicks which are dangerous if consumed. If there are any breakages or faults with the items after they are removed from the cake, then if time permits these can be replaced at an agreed cost.
Photographs: My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies reserves the right to take and use photographs of your cake(s) and cupcakes, before, during and after set up, to use for marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes, without compensation to you.
Allergic Reactions: It is possible that cakes, decorations, fondant and other items may come into contact with nuts, soy, milk, wheat and other items that cause allergic reactions. You agree to advise your guests or anyone else who may come into contact with our products of this possibility and to indemnify us absolutely for any allergic reactions that may occur.
Refunds: As each cake is unique, so are your special requirements and concerns surrounding your order. If you have found that for any reason the cake you ordered did not meet your expectations, then please contact us via telephone or email. A number of resolutions may be available to you and are subject to your particular situation. If there is an issue with your order, please note that you must refrigerate or freeze the cake immediately and return it to us on the next business day if we are to consider a refund.
Note: All refunds for orders placed over the telephone by Credit Card will be sent back to you as a store credit not refunded back to your Credit Card.
Reporting Problems – The Customers Responsibility: All we ask is that The Customer contacts us via our Contact Page, email or telephone us and lets us know the nature of the problem. We will do everything we possibly can to put right the issue and minimise any inconvenience. If The Customer does not report the issue to us, then we cannot help and if The Customer decides to take to social media instead of contacting us then please be aware of our policy to protect My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies against social media abuse.
Social Media Abuse Policy: Nowadays few people tolerate trolling, extortion and cyber-bullying against people on social media any longer, and quite rightly too. However, some people still think it is OK to treat companies differently. Companies are made up of real people and, here at My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies, we don’t tolerate any form of abuse or bullying against our work colleagues. We have therefore implemented a policy following the advice of various business groups and industry bodies. This policy is summarised here:
If The Customer decides not to contact My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies about something they are unhappy with but decides to take to social media instead, then we must deduce that there was no genuine intention to report an issue and seek help, that the intention was simply to damage The Company’s reputation via social media rather than report a legitimate problem or concern.
We stress that we are in no way trying to control what people post on social media – this policy applies only to people who have used social media as their first port-of-call and who have decided not to contact My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies. Just as our customers can choose who not to make cakes for, so My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies have the right to decide who we wish to do business with. If there is no trust or professional respect, if the intention is clearly to cause damage rather than seek a genuine solution, then we will exercise that right and will decline future orders from that customer.
Disclosure of Information: My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies will not disclose any personal information such as your name, address, email, telephone number to any person outside of the company, unless the customer has authorised us to do so or unless required by law to disclose such information. Furthermore, under no circumstances will My Delicious Cake & Decorating Supplies sell or receive payments or services for disclosing customer’s personal information to any partner or external company.
Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By proceeding with a purchase, you are in agreement with our terms and conditions as stated above.